1. No body checking in Atom hockey. Body checking will start in Minor Peewee
2. League is considering timeouts for the upcoming season. Possibly one per game but not in the last 5 minutes of the game. More details to come in the fall.
3. The season will be reduced to (28) regular season games. There is such a huge demand on ice at all levels. It will bring the A-AA League in line with the AAA League.
4. Play-offs will be extended from a March 31st mandatory finish to an end of the first week of April mandatory finish. Allows more time for games lost due to weather and long series.
5. Regular season for AA to start September 26th. Regular season for A to start October 3rd.
6. Regular season for Midgets to start October 4th.
7. Regular season ends February 9th. Playoffs begin 2-3 days after.
8. Major Peewee AA to play through March Break due to Provincial Championships
9. New levels will be offered by the A-AA League in the 2008-2009 season as long as there are (5) district teams ready to participate. New levels to be added at Minor Atom A and Minor Bantam A. The Silver Seven will not be adding teams at these levels for the 2008-2009 season. They will be considered for the 2009-2010 season.
10. Game time changes at the following levels
Major Atom A will now be 50 minutes plus flood (60 minutes total)
Major Peewee A will now be 60 minutes plus flood (70 minutes total)
11. There is still a motion on the table at District 4 for the Silver Seven to takeover teams ,currently run by the Ottawa Valley Titans, at the following levels: Major Atom AA, Minor Peewee AA and Major Peewee AA.
A decision on this motion is coming soon
12. Tryout dates for the 2008-2009 season will be held at the Kinburn rink again this year. Dates as follows:
Major Atom AA Aug 23rd (pending D4 decision)
Minor Peewee AA Aug 23rd (pending D4 decision)
Major Peewee AA Aug 23rd (pending D4 decision)
All other levels Aug 30th
Major Midget Sept17th (tentative team)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mike Wark at firstname.lastname@example.org